Participants will learn that conflict is inevitable but it can be handled effectively. Conflict is an opportunity to clarify workplace values and improve relationships. The class will address eliminating avoidance behaviors which decrease effectiveness and performance. Becoming more confident in the ability to manage conflict will greatly enhance productivity and performance.
Participants will learn that the goal of disciplinary action is to correct behavior and to motivate the employee to improve in the future. Participants will learn that the type of disciplinary action they choose should be appropriate to the severity and circumstances surrounding the offense.
Recommended to be taken after Leadership 101
Participants will learn:
- What conflict is, how it escalates, and how to correctly manage it
- Effective techniques for managing and dealing with anger and difficult people
- The five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them
- How to increase positive communication through non-verbal and verbal skills
- How to use progressive discipline
- What not to do while administering a corrective action